Re: ssh on Debian, not connecting to OpenBSD 2.7 ["Disconnecting: Bad packet length 1349676916"]

On Mon, 26 Feb 2001, Darren Wyn Rees wrote:

> Would somebody please clarify what needs changing to enable me to
> ssh into an OpenBSD (2.7) box, using Debian (OpenSSH 1.2.3, protocol
> version 1.5).  (a) the ssh client on the Debian box, (b) the
> ssh daemon on the OpenBSD one, or (please, no) (c) both.  *Thnx*

A google search reveals a few other people having the same problem.
Ed Vazquez, Jr. seems to have avoided the error by avoiding any
references to the AES/rijndael cipher in ssh_config
(http://www.geocrawler.com/lists/3/OpenBSD/256/0/5019242/).

Offhand, I'd recommend updating OpenSSH on the Debian box to 2.5.1p1,
available from many mirrors listed at http://www.openssh.com/portable.html.

But if you want to try to track down the root cause, there are a couple
more data points which may (or may not) be useful. 1) What version of
sshd is running on the OpenBSD box? 2) What does `ssh -v` say?
| Dave Taira <bodhi@hagakure.org>                2001.02.26/16:37:21 PST |
| Morlock for Hire                                                       |
| I have no sense of decency. That way my other senses are enhanced.     |
|                                                 --found in a wav file  |