Re: mkinitrd

Ethan Benson wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 26, 2001 at 02:10:31PM +0100, Johan Groth wrote:
> >
> > I agree that having SCSI compiled as a module gives me no benefits but I
> still
> > want to do an initrd-image. Your suggestion, which I appreciate very much,
> > does not solve my problem; it goes around it.
>
> i am not clear on what you need an initrd for then.  but if you really
> want one make it manually.  its just a ext2 filesystem on an ordinary
> file, which is gzipped.

I want to boot the system the same way Storm Linux installed it and that was
with scsi support compiled as modules. And as you already know, if you compile
all scsi support as modules you need initrd so it can load the scsi modules at
boot time in order to get access to the root system. But you seem to know how
to make a initrd file. Is it something you can share with me?

Regards,
Johan

--
Johan Groth (xghjn)	    ! Tel. mobil: 0703 - 24 25 27
Cell Network 		    !   Kontoret:  054 - 14 25 27