mkinitrd

Greetings,
I'm an old Red Hatter that have resently converted to Debian (or rather
Stormix Linux 2000 Deluxe). I've upgraded my system to woody to get X4.0.2. I
also installed modutils 2.4.2 so I can compile a 2.4.2 kernel. And here is my
problem that I hope someone on this list can help me with.

I boot Linux from a SCSI HD which means that either SCSI support must be
compiled into the kernel or you use an initrd-image and have SCSI support
compiled as modules.

As I always have had SCSI compiled as modules in Red Hat I thought I should
use the same method here. But in order to get that to work I need to create an
initrd-image that can load the scsi modules at boot time and for that I've
always used mkinitrd which is a Red Hat supplied script. I have no idea how
that script made an initrd-image so I'm a bit lost here because mkinitrd does
not exist on my machine.

What is the Debian way to make an initrd-image?

TIA,
Johan

--
Johan Groth (xghjn)	    ! Tel. mobil: 0703 - 24 25 27
Cell Network 		    !   Kontoret:  054 - 14 25 27