Re: Problems getting debian to run SMP...

"Jason N. Price" wrote:

> I just compiled a custom 2.4.2 kernel so I could trim it down and add SMP
> support.  I selected SMP along the way, recompiled, changed my lilo.conf
> and rebooted.  Upon reboot, 'uname -a' gives the following:
>
> Linux debian 2.4.2   #1   SMP  Sun Feb 25 18:54:43 CST  i686  unknown
>
> This line leads me to believe that SMP is compiled in properly.  But, when
> I run 'top', it shows only 1 cpu.  So, what's the deal here?  The system

most versions of top do not support more then 1 cpu. you need to patch
your procps tools to get that feature. to see how many cpus the system
detects check the kernel log (dmesg or /var/log/kern.log) or do
cat /proc/cpuinfo it should show CPU 0 and CPU 1.

nate

--
:::
ICQ: 75132336