Re: Problems with tulip driver

also sprach Peter Jay Salzman (on Sun, 25 Feb 2001 05:49:01PM -0800):
> On Sun 25 Feb 01,  8:43 PM, MaD dUCK said:
> > it doesn't happen to be an ISA card, does it? i.e. do you have to
> > worry about IRQ's ? if so, you need to compile a module
> huh??   why??
> why not pass a kernel argument to set up the IRQ?  you can do that with the
> append directive with lilo.

ah. see, that hasn't occured to me. wooops.

> > or hack the kernel sources.
> hack the kernel sources to resolve IRQ problems?
> now you're just talking crazy...

yeah well. :)

so the card's ISA and you are passing the irq info to init via lilo,
right?

any hints in /var/log/syslog whether the driver loads?

does the card show up in /proc/interrups and /proc/ioports?

martin

[greetings from the heart of the sun]# echo madduck@!#:1:s@\@@@.net
--
masochist to sadist: "hurt me!"