help: libc6 install (was: Re: task-c-dev install)

On Fri, Feb 23, 2001 at 06:30:25PM +0000, Colin Watson wrote:
> Marcelo Chiapparini <chiappa@centroin.com.br> wrote:
> >Sorry, but the following packages have unmet dependencies:
> >  task-c-dev: Depends: libc-dev
> >  E: Sorry, broken packages
> >

> >What is libc-dev? It is not listed in the
> >http://packages.debian.org/stable/devel/task-c-dev.html page as a
> >package related to task-c-dev.
> >
> >How can I fix this?
>
> libc6-dev provides libc-dev; try installing that.
>
> HTH,
>
> --
> Colin Watson                                     [cjw44@flatline.org.uk]

Hi Colin (and everyone who wants to help!),

I tried to install libc6, and I was unable to install it....
below follows the output:

micron:/home/chiappa# apt-get install -f libc6-dev
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
or been moved out of Incoming.

that package should be filed.

  libc6-dev: Depends: libc6 (= 2.1.3-15) but 2.2-4 is to be installed
  E: Sorry, broken packages

I was curious about the numbers associated to libc6, 2.1.3-15 (which is
in the stable branch) vs 2.2.-4 which is in the testing branch. Now
I remember that some time ago, when I was trying to install balsa, I
installed the version of balsa which was in woody (unstable at that time), and
the libc6 libs where updated in the process. Now I don't have balsa
anymore, I remove it, but I think that something was messed up whith libc6,
perhaps some information regarding woody? I am running potato 2.2.r2, and I
want to keep stick with it. How can I fix it?
In sources.list I am pointing to stable, so it seems that apt-get install want
to install
libc6 2.2.3-15 when libc6 2.2-4 is installed in my system, is this correct?
How can I go back to the version of libc6 which is in stable?
I tried to remove libc6 in order to install it again from stable, but a
huge amount of packages will be removed in the process and I am afraid to
mess up even more my system...

After looking for libc6 in my system with dselect I found that I have
installed libc6 2.2-4 indeed... I need to go back to 2.1.3, the version
in stable...

Thanks in advance for the help!

Marcelo