help- errno's 111 and 3

just installed potato,  256ram, pent III, ati xpert2000pro 32 mb card,
nokia 447za+ monitor,
My nic card works and all things considered install went smooth untill,
xf86config  and XF86Setup,  startx renders " X: exec of
/usr/X11R6/bin/XF86_svga  failed,  no such file or directory"   so where
did it go and how can I get it back? also renders
"X11TransSocketUNIXConnect  could not connect  errno  111 "  and
"xinit errno 111 unable to connect to x server" and  " xinit no such
process errno 3 server error"

I ran xfconfig then XF86Setup then startx,    so now i'm lost, thanx in
advance for any help, guidance or just direction to look and learn