Re: Newbie Debian Networking Question (perhaps an easy one for a techie!)

Ok. Lets go again.

- Where are the Debian network configuration files?
- If you did answer NO when asked to config network while installing what
happens to those files? Do they exist? or they are only created when YES is
the answer?
- If they don't exist, what and where must I create them for the OS to start
networking and routing every time I boot?
- I DO have my NIC working. but I DONT know how to change it's settings
- Every time i boot, I have to do and ifconfig eth0 10.0.0.66 netmask
255.255.0.0 up , how can i avoid this?
- I dont' have internet access, since the box has no network properly
configured. EVEN When the nic works .. (but thanks to my knowledge of
ifconfig... not because it booted like that)

THis is better?
Now..

- WHere do i set up the default gateway and the dns's ?? ( icreated
resolv.conf on etc and it seems to work.. even when i can't access internet)

thanks again.