Re: potato 2.4.1 and NFS locking

On Sun, 18 Feb 2001 15:31:59 -0900
Ethan Benson <erbenson@alaska.net> wrote:

> you need it in hosts.allow.  ALL: PARANOID might be causing the
> problem here since NAT lans rarely have reverse DNS working properly.

There is no NAT here (yet), but I do have a properly working local
DNS. Now I have everything commented out in hosts.deny on the server
and the client, and left hosts.allow on the server as it was, and
added explicit permissions on the client (where I had forgotten to put
it). I still get the same messages on the client as before:

Feb 18 21:52:48 kernel: lockd: failed to monitor 192.168.1.1
Feb 18 21:52:48 kernel: lockd: cannot monitor 192.168.1.1

and additionally a new one on the server (m is the client):

Feb 18 21:52:48 /sbin/rpc.statd[141]: SM_NOTIFY from m--nobody looking!

And locking seems to be working fine now! Actually, this message comes
after restart, shortly before the client connects, but I have no clue
what it means.

> the server needs to allow the clients and the clients need to allow
> the server.   if thats how its already setup then i don't know whats
> wrong, i have a similar NFS setup here and locking is working
> properly.

Thanks.

--
Christoph Simon