Seed a debian mirror from CD-ROM?

I've got an official CD-ROM set of Debian 2.2r2 i386. I'd like to set up an
in-house HTTP mirror to use for installations and upgrades, particularly
for machines without CD-ROM drives.

I tried copying the contents of the 3 CDs into a directory which I made
available via HTTP, but when I hit this mirror from a machine running
version 2.1 with "apt-get upgrade ; apt-get -s dist-upgrade" it downloads
package files okay but only wants to upgrade xntp3.

Is there a way I can properly set up this HTTP mirror from the CDs? My net
connection is too slow to mirror the normal way.

Thanks.

--
Tod Hagan
Observer/Technician