Re: A debian-based distro for the New

sc wrote:

> I'm not sure why Debian gets such low marks for newbies.  Great for
> learning Linux because everything's not hidden behind a control panel.
> Not for every newbie, but it now has some reputation of eating every
> newbie for breakfast which is too bad.

I have had my problems with it, though mostly it was because the CDs I
got were not as complete as they should have been.  I'm also not immune
to my own occasionally rampant stupidity.  Eaten for breakfast?  Never.
Moreover, I'm sure most newbies do just fine with it.

Cam

--
Cam Ellison Ph.D. R.Psych.
camellison@dccnet.com