Re: Rebooting is foolish ....

Everything in /etc/init.d is a shell script that can be used to restart a
daemon.  Usage: /etc/init.d/<foo> restart.  If there's not a init.d
script, ps aux|grep <foo> to get the PID, then kill -HUP <PID>.  That's
just about it: if it doesn't fit into one of these two categories, it's
not important to the machine's continued well-being for the process to
remian active, so the process itself can be taken down and restarted.

--
Television is now so desperately hungry for material that it is scraping
the top of the barrel.

John Galt (galt@inconnu.isu.edu)