Re: Wake Up on LAN

http://www.scyld.com/expert/wake-on-lan.html

>And is it true, that
> I can just wake up a machine that suspended
> before (not a machine turned off -- with a
> motherboard under power)?

The program to wake up the machies is there, I have compiled it, but I
haven't tried it yet; I don't know the meaning of "soft-powering-off" a
machine. All I know is "shutdown -h now" or "poweroff"; on ATX boards, it
means that the machines would be shut down.

okidz@bdg:~$ man softpoweroff
No manual entry for softpoweroff
okidz@bdg:~$ whereis softpoweroff
softpoweroff: