Re: Hardware question - motherboards

>   From: Bud Rogers <budr@sirinet.net>

>> The s1834
>> is a little faster and uses the via apollo pro133a chipset.  The
>> s1832 uses the intel 440bx chipset.
>
>I just ordered an 1834 for a box at work.  I looked around for a while
>and it seemed the best choice for what I wanted to do.

 I'm using one at this very moment... I've not tried to set
 up linux on it yet. None of the "reviews" out there look
 favorable on that count. I'll just have to see how that
 goes though.

 Do pay attention to their "approved" memory requirements.
 It makes a world of difference. Though this thing was fairly
 stable with 128 megs of noname stuff it would occasionally
 give me errors.

 http://www.axiontech.com/cgi-local/hardware.asp?category=memory%5Fmodules

 Has Corsair chips fairly cheap.