Re: rebuilding dpkg db from manual compiled stuff

On Tue, Feb 13, 2001 at 01:05:05PM +0600, Bram Dumolin wrote:
> I know apt, and I love it :) but that wasn't what I meant.
> I used to install Debian because I liked the install and where it put stuff.
> Everything on there is compiled by hand until recently when I discovered apt :)
> so I want all those programs to be in my dpkg db, so I can upgrade them through apt-get.

set up a local directory with a debian-archive structure, put your files in
it and use dpkg-scanpackages to build your own package file, then point apt
to your local archive and you're in business.

You can also use a flat archive directory, and U=I think you'll even
get away using your own homebrew directory structure, but I'm not sure.

--
groetjes, carel