Re: Problem building X 4.0.2 from debian source

On Mon, 12 Feb 2001, Martin Albert wrote:

> On Son, 11 Feb 2001, Frederik Vanrenterghem wrote:
> > using 'make World'. The error only seems to show up when I use
> > 'debian/rules build', which is rather odd. Anyway, here is the error
>
> debian/rules build
>
> applies patches found in debian/patches
>
> greetings, martin

As you may have overlooked in my posting, I only get the error when I use
'debian/rules build' to build a debian package of X. If I execute 'make
World' (also after applying the debian patches), everything seems to be OK
(I saw the same error messages, but they do not cause the build process to
die).

Any ideas what might be going on? Might it have something to do with
different levels of optimization? If yes, can this be altered?

--
Frederik Vanrenterghem