Memory Problems on Compaq Prosignia w/Potato

Hi,

I've just recently installed Potato on a Compaq Prosignia 300
Server with 64M of RAM.  Checking free, however, shows only
13M.  The Bios reports the correct amount on startup, and the
previous OS (NT) also had no problems with the memory.  I tried
adding an append="mem=64M" line to Lilo.conf, but that has not
helped.  I thought that the kernel was supposed to autodetect up to
64M anyway.  Should I just do a clean reinstall, or does anyone
have an idea of how to fix this?

thanks,

-Ian
Ian W. Smith