Re: NIC help!

On Sun, Feb 04, 2001 at 01:53:40PM -0500, Michael P. Soulier wrote:
:    Hey again people. Well, I still couldn't get the damn tulip module loaded
:if I compiled it on the target platform, version information complaint again.
:I downgraded to the 2.2.12 kernel which is running on my gateway/firewall
:where it's working fine. Same kernel, makefile, sourcecode, everything. So,
:severely dismayed, I copied the damn compiled code over. This loaded fine.

This means you did a "modprobe tulip" and it went OK?  does "lsmod"
show it as listed?

:    Now, trying to configure the interface, I'm getting this:
:
:ifconfig eth0 192.168.0.3 netmask 255.255.255.0 broadcast 192.168.0.255
:SIOCSIFFLAGS: Resource temporarily unavailable

you'll need to add "up" to the end of ifconfig line, though with that
error it won't help yet.

Could be hardware issue, can you juggle cards to test this?

Could require commandline irq settings or some such, though this is
virtually unheard of with PCI cards, and I've never had to do it with
a tulip based card.

Look at /usr/src/linux/Documentation/networking/tulip.txt

cat /proc/interrupts see if the card is showing up there

-Jon