NIC help!

    Hey again people. Well, I still couldn't get the damn tulip module loaded
if I compiled it on the target platform, version information complaint again.
I downgraded to the 2.2.12 kernel which is running on my gateway/firewall
where it's working fine. Same kernel, makefile, sourcecode, everything. So,
severely dismayed, I copied the damn compiled code over. This loaded fine.

    Now, trying to configure the interface, I'm getting this:

ifconfig eth0 netmask broadcast
SIOCSIFFLAGS: Resource temporarily unavailable
poohbear:~# route
Kernel IP routing table
Destination     Gateway         Genmask         Flags Metric Ref    Use Iface

~# route add default
SIOCADDRT: No such device

Michael P. Soulier <msoulier@storm.ca>
of nerd-like effort."  -Harley Hahn, A Student's Guide to UNIX
PGP Public Key: