Re: NIC help!

On Sun, Feb 04, 2001 at 05:27:24PM -0500, Jonathan D. Proulx wrote:

> This means you did a "modprobe tulip" and it went OK?  does "lsmod" show it
> as listed?

    Yes, it's loaded.

> you'll need to add "up" to the end of ifconfig line, though with that error
> it won't help yet.

    I've never needed to add up before.

> Could require commandline irq settings or some such, though this is
> virtually unheard of with PCI cards, and I've never had to do it with a
> tulip based card.
>
> Look at /usr/src/linux/Documentation/networking/tulip.txt
>
> cat /proc/interrupts see if the card is showing up there

    Actually, I just looked at the boot messages, and it seems that eth0 is on
irq 0. If I look in /proc/interrupts, TIMER is on irq 0, so this might be the
problem.
    How do I specify a new one?

    Mike

--
Michael P. Soulier <msoulier@storm.ca>
of nerd-like effort."  -Harley Hahn, A Student's Guide to UNIX