Re: realplayer problem

On Fri, Feb 02, 2001 at 12:45:50AM -0000, john smith wrote:
> hi, Anybody having problems with installing realplayer? I have downloaded
> the correct file from real's website but debconf complains that it can't
> find the file...what gives?

The installer in potato is written for an earlier version.  I edited
/var/lib/dpkg/info/realplayer.postinst to change the instances of
RealPlayer7 to RealPlayer8 and it installed without incident.  I also
made the same change in realplayer.prerm to avoid any problems if I
remove it in the future.  I understand that the installer in unstable
(possibly also testing) works with RealPlayer 8 asis.

Bob

--
Bob Nielsen, N7XY                          nielsen@oz.net
Bainbridge Island, WA                      http://www.oz.net/~nielsen