apt-get tricks

Hello,

I have a CD-ROM-less laptop running the original 2.2 and a set of
official 2.2r2 CD's, and I would like to use them to upgrade without
having to connect to the internet.  Is there any way, documented or
otherwise, that I can use a network-shared CD-ROM drive (NFS, SMB) on
another machine and still use the multi-CD capability of apt?

Another question: Do the archives listed in /etc/apt/sources.list have
to have the correct Debian directory structure?  I would like to have
apt-get look into an unorganized directory of deb files (specifically a
copy of the contents of /var/cache/apt/archives on another machine) so I
don't have to download the same set of packages twice for each machine.

Thanks,
Rich

--
 From the Desktop of Rich Renomeron
 If you cannot convince them, confuse them.