Re: modules quit loading automatically all of the sudden

> From: Martin Albert <MartinAlbert@gmx.net>

> On Thu, 01 Feb 2001, Daniel Barclay wrote:
> > All of the sudden, various modules don't load when I boot (sound modules
> > for a basic SoundBlaster and ftape).
> >
> > I haven't been messing with my configuration.  Things worked last time
> > I booted a couple of days ago.
>
> No apt-get, new kernel installed? Sure?

Nope.  (Well...yes, I'm sure; nope, no apt or kernel.)

In fact, I just compared /etc/... and /lib/modules/... to the data from
three or four backup tapes over the last couple of months.  I see few changes,
and none that seem relevant.

Is there anything else I should check for changes?

> > "modprobe" says:
> >   modprobe: Nothing to load ???
> >   Specify at least a module or a wildcard like \*
> >
> > Any ideas about what I should look at?
>
> modprobe sb
>
> what happens?

That seemed to load the sounds modules.

Any idea why modules wouldln't be loading automatically?

Daniel
--
Daniel Barclay
dsb@smart.net