Re: Firewall/Networking Problem

Hi,

I read in a howto (can not remember which), that you also need a script. I
do not know if this is needed for Debian systems, or if it is primarily
needed for firewall setups. Anyway, here are the important lines. I put it
in /etc/ppp/ip-up.d/masq_on

#!/bin/sh
depmod -a
modprobe ip_masq_ftp	# so you can ftp
modprobe ip_masq_raudio	# so you can use realaudio (see /lib/modules/<kernelversion>/ipv4)

# start a new chain
ipchains -F forward

# block everything
ipchains -P forward DENY

# masq everything from 192.168.1.* to *.*.*.* and back
ipchains -A forward -s 192.168.1.0/255.255.255.0 -d 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0 -j MASQ

# set a telnet timeout
ipchains -M -S 3600 10 160

This is for the server. Also remember to set the gateway of your client to
your server.

Greetz,
Sebastiaan