Firewall/Networking Problem

I'm setting up a linux box to act as a firewall/proxy for my 4 computer (win98) network.  I have 2 ethernet cards in the linux box (both being detected) and have complete access to the internet on my linux box.  I can ping all the win98 boxes from my linux box and can ping both network ip's on the linux box from the win98 boxes.  The only problem is I can't ping anything past my firewall/proxy.  I haven't actually setup any firewall rules so I shouldn't be blocking myself out and I'm not quite sure where to look.

Also I am running kernel version 2-2-13r2 with the following networking options set:
Packet Socket
Network Firewalls
Unix Domain Sockets
TCP/IP networking
IP: advanced router
IP: firewalling
IP: always defragment
IP: transparent proxy support
IP: masquerading
IP: ICMP masquerading
IP: optimize as router not host
IP: aliasing support
IP: TCP syncookie support
IP: allow large windows

I have read and am referencing the Firewall/Proxy how-to as well as the IP-Masquerading HOWTO and many many others.

Does anyone have an idea as to the next place I should look?

Leonard Leblanc