Re: wish list -> My personal Debian User Manual Generator

hogan wrote:

> Also your point about "most documents found do not suite (sic) debian to 100%"
> is true - however to discard this information is not good - having the
> facility to describe it as "not 100% suitable for debian but worth reading" in
> the event that someone hasn't yet written a debian solution would be great.
> Indeed writing the system from the word go to be "Debian" specific could be
> damaging to the system's popularity - if you could keep it general and
> generate enough interest in it, you could have vendors entering information
> directly into the system..
>
> Anyway - just my ramblings :)
> ADFH

I agree totally with you. I did not mean it was worthless information.
It is all the information it needs, for an _advanced_ user to get his
system set up correctly. That is not true for "newbies". Some of them do
not like to spend hours surfing through docs, to find the information.
(Some just say - well, windows crashes, but I just have to reinstall it
- and it works again, but on linux just half of it works (and does not
crash)- (just because the information is not available in the propper
form for them).

I want to have a link collection to one topic or so. But i have not made
my mind up yet.

As you said, the system should not have anything static, that could
break because of new types of hardware, new buses (probably sometime IDE
or SCSI will have something else).

Anyway, I think, it is worth just to put enough time into the database.
It is the main thing, what makes the information. (That is why I think
the design of that project will take most of the time).

One thing to mention, I have started a project at sourceforge
(mydebman.sourceforge.net (I hope the name does not hurt anybody
feelings - I
just wrote the first thing down I had in mind at two at night)).
groupname: mydebman
(I am the admin, hiaslboy  (53051))

Ciao, Matthias
--
    /\_/\  \ \_/ \_/ /       *  Matthias Wieser  *