apt-get feature question

Greetings.

I love apt-get, but had an idea. Normally I run standard potato, but
sometimes I want to get a newer version of an app that lives in unstable. So,
in order to install it I have to change my sources.list file and do an
apt-get update, then apt-get install foo. Standard stuff.

My question is, could we put a flag in apt-get that specifies whether we want
stable or unstable? Something like this: apt-get install unstable foo?

Does this make sense? Maybe this list isn't the place for this...
--
James Lindenschmidt
JWL@maine.rr.com