Re: wish list -> My personal Debian User Manual Generator

So who is going to contribute and maintain it? I'm not talking about the
wrapper, but the hardware info. I can put together a description on how to
install the ISA SB64AWE, from pnpconf to groupsetting. But now 2.4 is out
which does isa differently, so who is responsible for updating the entry
for the SB64AWE?

I think if you can get many success stories of people describing hardware
setup together and serve them verbatim to the audience interested in them
you would just have to write a search tool. One page springs to mind and
that is the Linux on Laptops page
(http://www.cs.utexas.edu/users/kharker/linux-laptop/) which is simply a
link list of people's success stories. Laptops are notoriously difficult to
set up, so this page is a beacon in the laptop scene. But there aren't many
laptops compared to desktop hardware, so a successful page on that would be
huge.

Anyway, just some musings from my side. I really learn a lot from reading
success stories from other people, so I wrote one myself for the Pinnacle
PCTVpro radio/tv card (http://www.xs4all.nl/~orchard/linux) and you might
want to use that as a start.

Hans