Re: Another newbie (problems with installation)

Patrick Klee wrote:

Hi,
    I have been a Redhat user since 4.2.  I now have SuSE 6.4 but don't like
it.  I have the Debian 2.2r0 CDs that were burnt by a friend but I can't
install the OS and kernel, or the base system, also, it has trouble finding
the directories and mounting the floppy.
Here's the situation: I have everything I need (floppies and such), but it
can't seem to find anything.  I know the CDs and floppies work, bcause my
friend installed it on his machine.  What am I doing wrong?  I checked the
install manual on the website, I think I am just really intimidated.  Can
someone help.  I heard you could get everythng with the CDs and a dial up
connection?
ALL help would be GREATLY appriciated!!!

Cheers,
Patrick

I'm not sure what problem you're describing.

If your machine will boot off the CD, don't worry about floppies (except to make a boot floppy near the end of the install for emergency purposes). If your machine won't boot off the CD, you have to create some boot/root floppies to get the process started, but rather than go into details, let me just ask that you post further information as to what problems you're having.

Kent