Re: Another newbie (problems with installation)

    Patrick,

Wish you would have included a tid-bit of info on your system. Anyway, if
you can boot off the CDROM drive (look in your bios settings), then do it.
If it boots, then this isn't an issue at all.

The debian installer isn't like what you have played with in the past. It
will ask real questions and expect good answers.

Don't be intimidated please. We all are/were there at one time or another. You
are in exceptional company.

Again, try to boot off the cd (number 1) and see if you can run that
installer. It's very fast and I really enjoyed my last install a few nights
ago. The cfdisk isn't as nice as fdisk IMO, but it's probably just me.

Happy to help along the way.

tatah and enjoy the adventure :)

--

Jaye Inabnit, ARS ke6sls     e-mail: ke6sls@arrl.net
707-442-6579 h/m                     707-268-4074