Re: vi - wraplen found

On Sun, Jan 21, 2001 at 12:16:27PM -0800, Erik Steffl wrote:
[snip]

|   one feature I was never able to make work exactly like I want to is
| autoindent... (the C autoindent which is supposed to be smart).

Have you tried

:set cindent

?  'autoindent' simply maintains the indentation level, cindent does
much more with C-like code (I use it for C++ and Java as well).

Also check out

:help formatoptions
:help comments

I really like vim's features and can't stand the lack of them in
original vi.  Things like being able to backspace past this insert
session, cindent mode, syntax highlighting, etc.  I used to use Nedit
to code because vi didn't have any of those features (the "vi" command
on a Solaris 7 (or less) box).  When I found out how to config vim to
behave properly I promptly switched (after trying emacs for a little
while).

-D