Re: vi - wraplen found

On Sunday 21 January 2001 12:47, Rino Mardo wrote:

> Well I think "nvi" is more close to the historical "vi" than "vim" or
> others. Someone correct me if I'm wrong as looking at vim it seems
> it's bloated and it doesn't feel "vi"-like.  Comments, suggestions
> are welcome for the list members benefits.  Flamers > /dev/null

One man's bloat is another man's feature set I guess.  I have a little
different perspective.  I learned elvis on Slackware before I ever met
the real vi.  Then I got acquainted with vim on Debian.

Now I have to use the real vi on some DEC/Compaq boxes at work -- sh as
well, no bash.  It makes me feel almost claustrophobic.  I breath a
little easier when I get back to my box and my bash and my vim.

Different strokes for different folks, as they say.  That's what I love
about the Linux community.  We have so many wonderful choices.

--
Bud Rogers <budr@sirinet.net>   http://www.sirinet.net/~budr/zamm.html
    All things in moderation.  And not too much moderation either.