Re: adding Windoze

To quote Glenn Becker <glenn@icarus.usanetworks.com>,
# Although it grieves me to say so, there are a couple of Windows-only
apps
# I'd love to run ... specifically the XML IDE XMLSpy, and a couple of
# Chinese-language applications.

If you're willing to do a little work, you might consider Win4Lin. Nice
app, I've used it before. Runs Windows in a window, at near-native
speed. It doesn't quite support everything, though(like DriectX), but
for what you can run(almost any app), it does it well.

Aside from that, you might consider making a LILO diskette. Just do
'lilo -b /dev/fd0', reboot, and double-check that it works. Then you can
let Windows overwrite your MBR, boot into Linux using the LILO diskette,
add a lilo.conf entry for Windows, re-run LILO(without the -b /dev/fd0
option), and there ya go. :) LILO in the MBR, Windows in its place.

David Barclay Harris, Clan Barclay
    Aut agere, aut mori. (Either action, or death.)