Re: IMAP MUA and filtering

On Monday, 22 January 2001 at 18:47, Brian May wrote:

>     Phil> I don't know what else to say.  With everything I've tried,
>     Phil> all my mail folders are shown as subfolders of INBOX until I
>     Phil> tweak the config a little (usually by going into the mail
>     Phil> client config and telling it that the mail folders are store
>     Phil> relative to "INBOX.").
>
> Oh... I see: you can work around the problem by telling it to enter
> the INBOX folder, and display subfolders of INBOX (what is the proper
> way to do this in mutt?)

set folder=imap://host/INBOX (or you can use {host}INBOX)

should work in the 1.3 line (either woody or sid is running 1.3, right?)
Anyway you can tab-complete, and just press <enter> on INBOX in the
browser to see subfolders, if your folder happens to be imap://host/.

> I consider this a work around, because I assume this prevents the
> client from looking at other top level folders, eg. folders under the
> top level of shared (which is also supported by courier-imap as well
> as INBOX).

Not really. You can just go up in the folder browser. Mutt's namespace
support needs some work, so you don't currently see everything together,
but all the functionality should still be there...

> I don't think subfolders are allowed. However, it seems to be possible
> with your setup, so maybe I am doing something wrong, or you have a
> newer version of courier-imap then me.

As far as I know they've been allowed in courier for a while. In mutt
you can press <enter> to descend subfolders and <space> to open a
mailbox. or maybe it's the other way around - I haven't tested this
stuff too much since I wrote it a long time ago (school has been crazy).
The folder browser is one of the worst parts of mutt's IMAP support, but
I think it basically *works*, it's just ugly.

I'm planning to revisit the folder browser soon, but I'm currently
having problems trying to get gdb to work with my mutt and the debian
SASL packages - I think the authentication problem is more important.