Re: mail setup with DSL

On Mon, Jan 22, 2001 at 12:45:43PM -0500, Glenn Becker wrote:

:I am on a small home network (5 static IPs) with a DSL connection hosted
:by a company called DSLNetworks. My mail account is provided by a separate
:ISP. What is the easiest way to set up my box to access this account? None
:of the options in eximconfig seem to be quite right.

For exim, I'd use the "satelite" system (option 3 I belive) provided
that your local user accounts have the same user name on both your
systems and the mail server this works.

If you have a true static IP, you may consider dropping the isp's mail
server and just running exime directly.

-Jon