Re: Fontproblem with XFree86 4.0.2

> My problem is, that I have in non-KDE-apps a very big font. All menus
and
> buttons in GTK-Apps are drawn with a 14 or 16 pixel font. Also
Netscape
> 4.76 has a too big font in his interface. However, the xfs is working,
> KDE-Apps can use all fonts correctly.
>
> I nearly tried everything to solve this, but I cannot figure it out. I
> even copied the font files from other distributions into the
corresponding
> directories. It did not help.

Edit /etc/X11/XF86Config or XF86Config-4. In the font listing, place the
"75dpi" entry *before* the "100dpi" entry. Restart X and see if that
took care of it.

If that doesn't work, take a look at /etc/X11/xfs/config also. There's a
"catalouge" list. Do the same as above there. Finally, there should be a
"default-resolutions" line. Likely, it looks like this: 100,100,75,75.
Change it to: 75,75,100,100.

I don't know if it's necessary to do *all* of those. You wouldn't think
so... I did all three with no ill effects.

Regards
Hall