Fontproblem with XFree86 4.0.2

Hello,

I have a problem with fonts and XFree86 4.0.2. My system is a fresh potato
installation with some apt-gets towards unstable, so I am now running
XFree86 4.0.2 and KDE 2.1 beta1. All necessary files are installed, like
xfs, xfont-packages and so on.

My problem is, that I have in non-KDE-apps a very big font. All menus and
buttons in GTK-Apps are drawn with a 14 or 16 pixel font. Also Netscape
4.76 has a too big font in his interface. However, the xfs is working,
KDE-Apps can use all fonts correctly.

I nearly tried everything to solve this, but I cannot figure it out. I
even copied the font files from other distributions into the corresponding
directories. It did not help.

 CU, Holger

P.S.: I have made a screenshot, which points out the problem. You can see
it at http://www.project2501.de/fontproblem.jpg . It is about 200kb...

--
Holger Mense