Re: Can't get sound to work!

Ok, I got sound working.  On my windows boot the sound was on IRQ 5, it kept trying to put it on IRQ 7 in linux.  I added a /etc/modutils/sound file and put
options sb irq=5 io=0x220 dma=1
in it, but when I rebooted it seemed to ignore that file.  So instead I edited /etc/modules.  It had a single line in it that said:
sb
So I change it to read:
sb irq=5 io=0x220 dma=1
That worked.  What is confusing me now, is that when I shut down, during my shutdown messages I get a message that the alsa driver isn't running.  This is correct, it shouldn't be.  But I can't
figure out why my machine is trying to shut it down.  I checked in rcS.d and my rc5.d directories (I'm running in mode 5) but I can't figure out where my machine is trying start/shutdown the alsa
drivers.  Also, during my boot sequence my machine scans for SCSI interfaces.  I don't have any scsi interfaces so how can I stop it from doing this scan everytime I boot?

BTW, apt-get rocks.  Now I know why people who use debian never go to anything else.  I'm addicted :)