Re: Can't get sound to work!

Ok, I added myself to user audio and I now get sound from things.  There is just one problem.  The sound skips.  It sounds like a broken record player, where it plays the same bit over and over
again.  I tried chmod'ing the audio things to world usable, but it didn't help.  Any ideas on how to get  it to stop skipping?  At least I'm getting some sound now :)