Re: how NOT to start x-session but x-window-manager instead

To quote Erik Steffl <steffl@bigfoot.com>,
#   I know I can do it that way (for xdm or startx) but I don't want to
# completely override nice debian system of startup... we have these
# x-session-managers and x-window-managers etc. and I would like to
learn
# how to work within this system, I now how to use update-alternatives
# use one or another x-session-manager or x-window-manager but how to
# choose x-window-manager over x-session-manager during X startup -
that's
# a question. brief poking around shows no obvious way to do it other
then
# remove all the x-session-manager alternatives... not very elegant...

You're right. That's very ugly. :) You didn't mention, though, how you
start X. Do you concistently use any graphical login manager(s)? Which
one(s)? Or do you tend to use 'startx'?

David Barclay Harris, Clan Barclay
    Aut agere, aut mori. (Either action, or death.)