how NOT to start x-session but x-window-manager instead

  part of the kdebase is kde2 - kde session manager, which obviously
cannot be uninstalled if I want to keep kde (because it's part of
kdebase).

  in X startup scripts: x-session-manager is started, if any exist:

if [ -z "$realstartup" ]; then
  if [ -x /usr/bin/x-session-manager ]; then
    realstartup=x-session-manager
  elif [ -x /usr/bin/x-window-manager ]; then
    realstartup=x-window-manager
  elif [ -x /usr/bin/x-terminal-emulator ]; then
    realstartup=x-terminal-emulator
  fi
fi

  I would like to start up x-window-manager instead. How to properly
configure this in debian? remove all alternatives for x-session-manager?

  btw this only happened during last update (after about a month),
before the last update x-window-manager was started... why would a
system do such an important change without at least a warning? I did not
install any new programs, just did aptitude ugg.

  TIA

	erik