Re: IMAP MUA and filtering

Hi Matthew,

On Wed, Jan 17, 2001 at 10:36:48PM +0000, Matthew Sackman wrote:
> Yes, Postfix does support .forward files, so this works well (I've just
> installed maildrop and things seem to be working).

Good to hear it!

> I had no idea that mutt supported IMAP folders, so this comes as a very
> pleasent surprise. However, when changing folders, it is a little
> cumbersome to have to type in {hostname}INBOX.folder_name each time -
> I'd much prefer be presented with a list of folders. Is this possible to
> do under mutt?

Mutt does folder browsing. Hit `c' (change folder), and then hit <TAB>
(in the most recent Potato mutt, make sure you have updated this since
potato first came out, as it's had a major version change which
supports lots of new features). You should now be able to browse your
mail folders. Just be aware that this is more a file-selection screen,
so you have to use <SPACE>, not <RETURN> to select the folders.

You can also do something like (in .muttrc)

set folder={mail}INBOX
mailboxes ! =sqwebmail =vpopmail =debian-user =freshmeat =misc =root

Which will give you a list on c <TAB> <TAB>

cheers,

damon

--
Damon Muller