Re: IMAP MUA and filtering

On Wed, Jan 17, 2001 at 10:36:48PM +0000, Matthew Sackman wrote:
| Yes, Postfix does support .forward files, so this works well (I've just
| installed maildrop and things seem to be working).
|
| I had no idea that mutt supported IMAP folders, so this comes as a very
| pleasent surprise. However, when changing folders, it is a little
| cumbersome to have to type in {hostname}INBOX.folder_name each time -
| I'd much prefer be presented with a list of folders. Is this possible to
| do under mutt?

I don't use the IMAP support in mutt, but for local folders I have the
following lines in various places in my ~/.muttrc file:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
mailboxes "!" 			\
	=lists/announcements

mailboxes =lists/debian-devel
mailboxes =lists/debian-python
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The "mailboxes" command is used to tell mutt what mailboxes you have.
If you press <Tab> in the folder selection view it will toggle between
listing the files in the current directory and the mailboxes specified
with this command.

( "!" is your INBOX )

Check 'man muttrc' or the web site for all the options and more
details (though terse).

( You can ask here also, I don't think anyone will bite your head off
;-) )

| Thanks for all your help so far!

No problem at all.

| Matthew