From: Benjamin Pharr [mailto:benpharr@freedom2000net.com]
Sent: Thursday, January 18, 2001 10:04 AM
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: SSH

While logging into my Debian box using ssh I noticed that it is setup to
use SSH version 1 by default.  This protocol is widely known to have
security problems.  Does anyone know why Debian is still using it?  Below I
have pasted a link from the official ssh.org FAQ.

http://www.employees.org/~satch/ssh/faq/ssh-faq-1.html#ss1.8

Ben Pharr