running another X from within X

Is it possible from within X to start another session of X on a diffent
console?  I know I can just Ctrl-Alt-F2, login, and then startx.  Then I
could toggle between Ctrl-Alt-F7 and Ctrl-Alt-F8.  However, I would like
to accomplish the same thing without dropping down to a console.  When I
try to do this from an xterm, I get a message about not being authorized
to run the X server.  Root, however, can do it.  Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Brian
--

Brian J. Stults