IDE CD-RW

I've purchased a Traxdata 8x4x32 CD-RW, and can only install it on my
main box. Unfortunately, this has two Hard Disks (both on the Primary
IDE channel) and a normal CD Drive as Master on the second channel.

The literature with the CD-RW is basic and suggests ways in which it
can be installed on those channels already in use. This seems to
imply that I shouldnot/cannot use the secondary channel slave, but it
does not specifically say so.

I have very vague recollections of some advice against putting CD
Drives on the secondary slave, but am unable to remember where I read
this (if in fact I did!)

If I replace my CD with the CD-RW, would I be able to use the later
for normal reading and would I require any special drivers?

Can anyone please suggest the most suitable way to proceed. I assume
Potato (which is what I run) will support the drive - it did so with
earlier models. All software supplied is for Windoze, so there is no
information of any value.

Grateful for any assistance.		John.