Re: Creative Ensoniq modules..

"Francisco M . Neto" wrote:

> » mike said this and I say that:

> > any case you
> > >
> > > I get an (unused) remark beside my es1371 module after listing the
> > currently loaded modules.
>
>         I also use es1371, and `lsmod` gives me sound, soundcore and
> es1371 itself. When I do `modprobe es1371` it loads those ones.
>         Everything is working fine. I'm using linux 2.4.0.
>
> --
> []'s,
>
>                 francisco m. neto
>
> "Some nice quote goes here."
>                 -- myself

I've had no luck whatsoever trying to initialize my sound card through those
modules (es1371, sound, soundcore) I attempted to configure the device through
the ALSA-Configurator (deb package = alsaconf). From what the support
documentation says, I should only load the ALSA modules and no others for the
card. After I configured the device using alsaconf I found the following in my
modules.conf file:

### update-modules: start processing /etc/modutils/alsa

# --- BEGIN: Generated by ALSACONF, do not edit. ---
# --- ALSACONF verion 0.4.2 ---
alias char-major-116 snd
alias snd-card-0 snd-card-ens1371
alias char-major-14 soundcore
alias sound-slot-0 snd-card-0
alias sound-service-0-0 snd-mixer-oss
alias sound-service-0-1 snd-seq-oss
alias sound-service-0-3 snd-pcm1-oss
alias sound-service-0-12 snd-pcm1-oss
options snd snd_major=116 snd_cards_limit=1 snd_device_mode=0660
snd_device_gid=29 snd_device_uid=0
options snd-card-ens1371 snd_index=1 snd_id=Ensoniq snd_dac1_frame_size=68
snd_dac2_frame_size=68 snd_adc_frame_size=68
# --- END: Generated by ALSACONF, do not edit. ---

With all of this I still can't get my sound card to work, I do know that the
device works because I have ran esd and heard the sample that plays. But I cant
used any programs like XMMS or CD playing software. What gives?

Stef