Re: Creative Ensoniq modules..

mike wrote:

>         Well i use es1371 also, but lsmod only shows es1371. In any case you
> can try modprobe es1371 and it will automatically load any dependencies.
>         Its been working with gtcd and XMMS for mp3.

I get an (unused) remark beside my es1371 module after listing the currently
loaded modules.

Module                  Size  Used by
af_packet               6040   0  (autoclean)
serial                 19564   0  (autoclean)
autofs                  9088   0  (unused)
parport_pc              7236   0  (unused)
parport                 7280   0  [parport_pc]
es1371                 25344   0  (unused)
sound                  57592   0  (unused)
soundcore               2628   7  [es1371 sound]
soundlow                 416   0  [sound]
ne2k-pci                4072   1
8390                    6036   0  [ne2k-pci]
3c59x                  18656   1
ide-scsi                7080   0
unix                   10212  88  (autoclean)

At first I though that the modules where conflicting with the old soundblaster
modules (sb), I removed their configuration files from /etc/modutils and added
one for the es1371 module then re-ran module-update. I have specified the io
port and irq that the device is using in the option file. I found this
information by doing a cat /proc/pci | more. I just dont understand why the
module is not detecting the PCI card. Any advice on how to solve this?

Stef