Re: gtv, mozilla, and X questions

"Thomas J. Hamman" <hawk3@eagnet.com> wrote:
>gtv:  For a while now, the gtv program in the smpeg-gtv package has been
>locking up when I try to use it to play mpeg's.  Is it working for
>anyone else?

I've had that problem; IIRC, I sort of tracked it to SDL weirdness, but
eventually noticed a comment in the changelog (assuming you're running
unstable) saying that the smpeg-gtv package was being dropped because
the XMMS plugin in the smpeg-xmms package was better.

>Mozilla:  I tried the binary download of Mozilla 0.7 and it won't run
>(it starts up all the mozilla-bin processes but no mozilla windows
>appear)... does anyone else have it working?  Will there be a deb for it
>in unstable soon?

Bugs have been filed (too many, probably). I haven't actually tried it,
but sometimes zapping ~/.mozilla can help with Mozilla upgrades?