gtv, mozilla, and X questions

I'm using unstable and having a few issues I could use some help
with....

X:  The "xhost localhost" thing doesn't seem to work with X 4; what do I
need to do to allow my gf to run programs with her user when we're
logged into X as my user?

gtv:  For a while now, the gtv program in the smpeg-gtv package has been
locking up when I try to use it to play mpeg's.  Is it working for
anyone else?

Mozilla:  I tried the binary download of Mozilla 0.7 and it won't run
(it starts up all the mozilla-bin processes but no mozilla windows
appear)... does anyone else have it working?  Will there be a deb for it
in unstable soon?

Thanks for any help.

--
Tom
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is you end